Friday, June 3, 2011

Clouds - June Photography Challenge - Omaha Professional Photographer


June 3rd
Clouds




Today's photography challenge is clouds.  Of course, today, there isn't a cloud in this Nebraskan patch of sky.  Who knows what later this afternoon will bring but I didn't want to wait and end up without and image to share with you today.  So, I decided on this photograph that was actually taken last week as a storm was blowing through.  The weather here is unpredictable.  Storms tend to be violent and move through the area quickly.  They are very intriguing and awe inspiring....and sometimes very scary.  This particular storm didn't wreak as much havoc as I thought it was going to- it passed by quickly with a slight downpour.  It mostly threatened us with these ominous looking clouds.  I exposed for that bright patch of blue sky behind it.  It was late afternoon and should have been very bright and sunshiney out but because of the storm system it was very dark.  I wanted to capture the difference of light between what was above us and what the sky would return to once the storm system had passed through.  I always find the power of mother nature, God's creation, amazing.  I'd love it if you would leave a comment and link back to your blog if are doing the June Photography Challenge or if you have some amazing cloud formations you'd like to share!  I can't wait to see what everybody else has come up with to share today!  



4 comments:

  1. Wow, what an impressive shot! Love the curve of clouds and hint of blue peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pic! You are very talented! (And thanks for commenting on my pic!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...