Thursday, June 2, 2011

Awesome & Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!

Mad props to the awesome and talented blogger, designer, photographer and all around super cool gal, Heather Scott.  She was inspired by this blog and so Heather invited myself and the super talented and humorous, Missie Jurick to participate along with her in this weekly blog circle.  Each week, the three of us will be sharing with you - you guessed it- AWESOME & AWKWARD scenarios that have personally happened to us in hopes that you will get to know us a bit better, be able to share a laugh or two ...and maybe relate...or not?  So, without further ado, here I go!

Awkward:

  • Watching Sugar Lumps by Flight of the Conchords with my MOM AND DAD!!  ***Disclaimer***If you are NOT allowed to watch HBO or may be offended by adult, New Zealand HBO humor DO NOT CLICK that link.  Otherwise, for a good laugh and to perhaps understand why it was SO AWKWARD click it. And laugh.  ...but maybe not with your parents or at work. ;)
  • Buying Acne Free for myself and NOT my teenage daughter.  In all seriousness who, besides myself, in their *early* 30's (okay, okay, *mid*-30's) has more breakouts than a sophmore ..in highschool?!  And just where did Becca get her beautiful skin?  It hardly seems fair considering my body has never been the same since giving birth.  ...but I digress... *sigh*
  • Trying to hide my new obsession, Words with Friends, a FREE app you can download for your iphone or android phone and then spend countless hours playing a Scrabble like game with your friends.  The awkward part comes when you are visiting with your mom while trying to play.  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to strategize while pretending to pay attention to a conversation while pretending that the game is NOT open on your phone and it is NOT your turn and you have no idea why the phone is making that silly noise because NO it's NOT a notification that it is your turn and NO it's NOT making that sound because you just played a word.  ....AWKWARD....  because I wasn't pulling the wool over my mom's eyes. ;)



Awesome:

  • Playing Words with Friends with my sister and  horribly BEATING HER! psh.  And to think she is the English Major *insert evil mocking laughter*  Sorry, sis, what can I say?  Victory is sweet.  Care for a rematch?   ..... I love you. ;)
  • My parents visiting.  It's not often that I get to see them so when they do come to visit it is super special.  I love them.  I am blessed with the most amazing and AWESOME parents in the whole wide world  UNIVERSE.  I love you Mom and Dad! <3  (They just left about an hour ago to head back home with my girls which leads me to the next AWESOME highlight...)
  • My girls spending a few days in Illinois with my parents.  They are so lucky to have such wonderful, fun and loving Grandparents.  Another blessing- the time my girls get to spend with my mom and dad, creating memories and having such a special and close relationship with them. <3 
  • Finding Lela super cute, supportive and PURPLE summer sandles!  We looked at 4 different shoe stores before stopping at Stride Rite (why I didn't go there first, I can't tell you, I should have known)  Lela has juvenile rhuematoid arthritis so it is important that she has good shoes to help keep her knees and ankles from hurting her anymore than they already do bother her from the arthritis.  The Keen Hybridlife sandals were just what I was searching for to buy for Lela.  You can find them online here
  • My new kitchen sink and faucet.  I love it.  My husband rocks--I'm not sure if there is anything he CAN'T do.  I love him.
  • Throwback Pepsi because real sugar beats high fructose corn syrup anyday.  Throwback Pepsi has won my heart.  It's so tasty.  Plus, let's face it.  The throwback can is so much more AWESOME than the new/regular pepsi can.
So that's about it.  I hope you enjoyed this post!  If you did be sure to leave a comment and let me know if you can relate (what?- please please PLEASE tell me you have *cough* a blemish or two yourself)! Check back next Thursday to see what Awesome & Awkward things have happened to myself, Heather and Missie.  Oh yeah, be sure to leave them some blog love, too!


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to have to get this words with friends app Max plays it all the time and my Sister just invited me! How fun your family was there that is always the best time. Max just recently bought the pepsi & mountain dew throwback and I tried it and have to agree it definitely tastes better!!! Oh and the can is amaZing<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *have* to download the app! It is SO MUCH fun..slightly addicting though. ;) Tell Max anytime he wants to play just let me know. Currently, I have three games going..told you I'm bad about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...