Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gifts from Mongolia - Omaha Professional Photographer

My mother-in-law went to Mongolia to visit my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  She came back bearing gifts.  I'll share Lela's gift with you first.  Kathy, my MIL, brought Lela back this beautiful handsewn Mongolian dress with a matching embellished fancy jacket.  It is traditional wear for Mongolian girls on special days or events.  Lela adores it!  Kathy asked me before she left to please be sure to photograph her in it...well of course!  As if I would pass up that chance! ;)  What my MIL doesn't know (and don't worry, I'm pretty sure she doesn't blog stalk me) is that her Christmas gift this year is going to be a HUGE canvas of Lela in her Mongolian wear.  So...if you are related..shhh! It's a surprise.  Don't ruin it for her. ;)


This is my favorite image.  I absolutely love it.  Although, this is not the image I will be giving my mother-in-law and I won't post it here or on FB just in case she does decide to take a peek at the blog.  Then the whole surprise won't be ruined...and also, I think I'll be giving her a color canvas.

 This particular image just puts a smile on my face.  It is such a genuine photograph and truly represents Lela when she is tickled about something.  I love it, not only as a photographer but even more as a mom.

Lela is always so fun to photograph...when she is in the mood.  This particular day was one of those days.  She was excited to help me make her Gramma's Christmas gift.  She was happy to put on her Mongolia dress...and she charmed me the whole session through.  You can take a peek at the color images here.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...