Friday, July 16, 2010

The Perfect Storm

Yesterday evening quite a storm came through.  One of the news anchors here described it like this:  "It came on like gangbusters."  The winds were blowing upwards of 74mph and in a matter of 15 minutes the temperature dropped from 94 to 69 degrees.  Although as quickly as it came on it was over and we were left with this amazing double rainbow and surreal, ethereal light.  I grabbed my camera and Lela and I hurried outside.  Here are a few of the images I was able to capture last night.

Lela was so excited to get outside and walk in the puddles.  She was really excited by all the beautiful colors to be seen in the sky. 

Here she just had to see how high she could jump.  It was as if the electricity left in the air was affecting her energy levels.  She was so full of excitement it was contagious!  She brought such a huge smile to my face.  We were having fun exploring the after effects of the storm.

Towards the end of our exploration I noticed this gorgeous mix of colors from the storm clouds, sunset, etc.  I had to photograph this magenta cloud that was hovering over the neighborhood.


After this gorgeous view we called it a night.  I relish light like this.  It always amazes me how wonderful and awe inspiring the world we inhabit can be. 

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures. Your little girl is gorgeous. Children are such a blessing. MFP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they sure are a blessing. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...