Monday, February 1, 2010

Black and White Image {Omaha Professional Photographer}

I went downtown a couple of days ago with Lynette (a photographer friend) and Imagene (my camera-that's right, she's got a name *wink*) to visit a couple galleries and take in the sights at the Old Market.  I knew when Lynette asked me if I wanted to go that I would definitely be bringing Imagene along with me.  The Old Market is one of my favorite places to shoot; I really enjoy street photography and the Old Market is, in general, a very picturesque place.  Anyway, on this particular day I photographed the inside of the Jackson Street Booksellers Bookstore (with permission, of course) and ended up with an image that I shared on my 365 blog.  This photograph has been haunting me. It seems to be demanding more attention from me so I am caving in and it is getting another whole blog post over here on this blog.

When I photographed this area of the bookstore I was first drawn to sheer amount of books and all their different colored spines and how they covered the walls like fine adornments and seemed to wrap around the space endlessly.  This is where the nag started.  I knew when I was composing the shot that although I was drawn to the color originally, I might be seeing in black and white. I came home, downloaded the photograph and converted it to black and white. I fell in love....  *but* ...... I posted the image in color because I was trying to be true to all those colored spines. Now, I feel compelled to share with you the same image in black and white.  Which one do you prefer?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...