Monday, January 11, 2010

A Salute to Pictorialism {Omaha Professional Photographer}

I have a friend who is really into pictorialism.  She peaked my interest and so I thought I would give it a whirl.  This, of course, comes with my new love and appreciation for a vintage feel in photographs.  If you've been following along on this blog or my fanpage, you know I am really really really into that vintage look right now.

What is pictorialism?  In short, it is a technique used to give images soft, painterly, romanticized qualities. You can find a short article explaining pictorial photography by Paul Hooge here (be sure to scroll down).  Some photographers who used this technique (in no particular order) are: Clarence H. WhiteAlfred Stieglitz,  Henry Peach Robinson and Robert Demauchy

Here is the pictorial portrait I created and wanted to share with you on the blog. :)


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...