Friday, January 8, 2010

Sally Mann

I just had to share a quote with you today from Sally Mann.  She is a famous American Photographer born in Lexington, VA in 1951.  Sally Mann has received numerous awards for her work including Guggenheim and National Endowment for the Arts fellowships.  Check out her work.  Her books of published works include "Immediate Family", "At Twelve: Portraits of Young Women" and "Mother Land: Recent Landscapes of Georgia and Virginia." I think she is pretty amazing.  Anyway, here is the quote. 

".....I struggle with enormous discrepancies: between the reality of motherhood and the image of it, between my love for my home and the need to travel, between the varied and seductive paths of the heart. The lessons of impermanance, the occasional despair and the muse, so tenuously moored, all visit their needs upon me and I dig deeply for the spiritual utilities that restore me: my love for the place, for the one man left, for my children and friends and the great green pulse of spring."  - Sally Mann - Still Time catalogue Alleghany Highlands Arts and Crafts Center, 1988


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...