Saturday, September 17, 2011

Awkward and Awesome ...Saturday?!? - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awkward & Awesome Thursday Saturday








Awkward:
  • Ummmm.  Really with that?  Did you even take the time to LOOK at those mushrooms?  *disgusting*  Michelle and I had a good laugh at that bizarre fungus.  Her dog decided to roll all over and smoosh another one to pieces and she about died!  I told her that spores do travel (read: quit making fun of my yard or else!) but she has rock in her landscaping so maybe she is safe? that and I am not really sure how to go about transplanting fungus.  We've never had mold or mushrooms or fungus in our mulch before but this year it is EVERYWHERE.  (I blame the floodwaters.)

 
See?  I wasn't exaggerating.  That yellow stuff right up there is sometimes referred to as dog vomit mold. (promise- google it) WT....?  You have NO idea the amount of stressing I did to myself throughout this summer mold season.  I was constantly rehearsing conversations/mulling over situations in my mind with potential clients visiting the studio.  They all went something like this:   "Oh please come in...oh that?....  Nooooo.  It's not dog vomit it just LOOKS like dog vomit." -horror with a hint of disbelief flashes across said clients' faces. Next, in my daymares, an obvious discomfort would envelop the room because inevitably IN EVERY SCENARIO the pretend client would obviously be watching where they stepped in the house to avoid  the dog's vomit. RIGHT?!  ...I'd like to say that I don't have a dog or that my dog doesn't vomit but neither of those cases are true.  However, what I can say is that stuff in my mulch is NOT my dog's vomit. Or any dog's vomit.


...I have no words for the mushrooms.  None.


  • Hissing geese.  I had an amazing engagement session with a SUPER CUTE COUPLE and let's just say the geese around the lake weren't exactly friendly.  I might have let out a little yelp....maybe.  Okay, so a tiny little noise slipped past my lips. It was scary OKAY?  Next time I am bringing bread to make friends or just visiting that location AFTER the geese have all flown south for the winter.
  • Missing TWO WEEKS of these super fun posts.  It's very {awkward}.
  • Becca has a gradeschool acquaintence (read boy) that recently moved into our neighborhood.  I honk every.single.time. we drive by his home. --That's right.  I'm *that* kind of mom.  Becca is quick though. She is starting to act like it doesn't bother her and that, quite frankly, is taking all the fun out of it. 
Awesome:
  • Becca got a car! :D
  • I've been super busy with lots of sessions and frankly that makes me very happy. :)  I really do love my job!
  • I've completely cleaned off my hard drive after backing up on the external hard drive and discs.  My pc is running SUPER FAST and that is SUPER AWESOME!  It feels good to take that huge task off my to-do list. 
  • Lists- I like them.  It's nice to check things off as I go and stay organized.
  • I got to visit with my cousin, Jennifer, last night!  She was on her way to TX and stopped here to break up her long trip.  It was soooo good to spend time with her! 
  • Lifetime movies and SciFi movies.  Becca and I always watch bad t.v. while I edit on the weekends.  We both enjoy it. :)
  • Long chats with good friends. <3

Be sure to check out Heather's blog and Missie's blog, too!  I can't wait to get over there and read what they've posted this week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...