Thursday, August 18, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!











Awkward:
  • Realizing last week that I title each of these posts Awkward & Awesome in the Title section and then in the text section type Awesome & Awkward.  I also post  it backwards on FB ....I guess I must be a glass half full kind of person at heart but geez!  *so embarrassing!*
  • The top photo- I had to get Becca's permission to share it here on the blog.  It's awkward for her and that is why it was put in this section..... but I have to say that for me it hits both the awesome AND awkward categories because she is the best big sister!  The photo is of Lela and Becca on Lela's first day of school this year.  Lela requested that Becca curl her hair and Becca happily obliged.  I love that they are so close. <3
  • The second photo.  It's a photo of Lela leaving school on her first day and walking to the car for the drive home.  She spotted me from far away and proceeded to weave in and out of people hiding from my lens.  She was like a cat!  I would move one way and she would dart the other!  As she got close and could no longer hide behind strangers she went with her last resort- covering her face.  She must have found it awkward that I was out with my camera trying to get her coming out of school. In my defense:  A) I maintain that I am *not* the only momma to do so.  B) You'd think she would be use to me taking advantage of every photo op.  It's important to document life!  You only walk out of third grade for the first time once!
Awesome:
  • My dad's new trike! ..and their Frog Togs--  Great rain suits for you bikers out there!
  • My parents came to visit to surprise Anna for her birthday. <3  It was a great surprise and a super fun visit!  We took advantage of the nice weather and went riding a couple of the days.
  • Watching my girls and Maddie along with the neighbor boys have a HUGE water fight.  It was epic ..... and better than reality t.v. :D
  • My husband surprised me and brought me home dinner last night. <3
  • Movies!  Every night this week around 9:00 Steve and I have put down our work/computer and watched a movie.  It's been awesome. :)
  • Today is book buying day at Marian.  After purchasing Becca's books and making sure everything was in the 15980763 lbs. bag we schlepped everything to Becca's new locker.  Above her locker was the recipe card you see pictured in the last photo.  What a great way to start the year and awesome advice.  I love that darn high school and so does Becca.  This is just one example of what sets Marian apart and why it is such a great experience for Becca.
Be sure to check out my awesome photographer friends' blogs to see what they have to share this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...