Thursday, July 28, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!






Awkward

  • Going to lunch with a great friend and my girls only to be asked by the waitress (who knew my friend from highschool) if we were his family.  Um, no. ... and as if that wasn't awkward enough she then asked if Becca was his girlfriend to which he replied, "No. I'd be in jail if Becca was my girlfriend." LOL  It was funny but it was definitely slightly awkward for all of us.
  • Apparently one of the moms at the swim meet last weekend implied that Becca and one of her teammates were dating.  Not awkward for me but awkward for Becca....she says that they were just talking.  I think that they were flirting.  This is NOT my first rodeo. ;)
  • My new found addiction to Cheetos.  It's awkward walking around with orange fingers at this age, okay?
Awesome

  • Becca made a D1 cut for swim! :D  She will be swimming the 100 back and all 15 and over relays!!  GooooooOOOOOoooooo BARRACUDA! :D
  • Becca brought home 3 medals from the D2 meet (D1 qualifying meet) this past Saturday!!!  Awwwwwwww YEAH!  Get it get it get it!
  • Steven made me a mix cd.  That's right, like those mixed tapes you used to get from your sweetheart in highschool...it's the best gift ever! <3
  • Watching Steve drive off on his Harley.  I'm going to miss him but I know he will be creating precious memories on the trip to Gatlinburg, TN with his friend, Joe, my daddy and his own dad.  It makes me happy that he has this opportunity to have these vacations with our fathers.  *PLEASE keep all of them in your prayers for safe travels and good times!
  • .Going to lunch with Tom who is back home for a semester.  Tom, LMR and I took photography classes together here in Omaha and always had a great time together- working on projects and regular photo class kinds of things (going to art galleries, critiques) We often were each other's subjects for projects and always had a great time in the darkroom- the three of us would scout out enlargers right in a row.  Color class was probably the most entertaining.  I don't know if you've even been in a darkroom but it's called that for a reason.  (Black and White film darkrooms are not as dark as color darkrooms because there is a dim light.) So when I say darkroom for color class I'm talking Mark Twain Cave dark where you can't see your own hand in front of you....our class was slightly rowdy and we were always pulling shenanigans or scaring each other horribly.  Good times.  Anyway, it was nice to go to lunch and catch up with Tom.  This time it was Red Robin, next time Pepperjax.  *yum* (wish you were here, LMR!)
  • The video text Maddie sent to Becca from Florida.  It was so cute and so sweet!  I love that those two girls have such a great friendship. What a blessing for them both. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...