Thursday, July 21, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!













Awkward:

  • Forgetting that I needed to blog today!  *blushing*  Now THAT is definitely 'awk'.   (btw,...who says that anyways?  Sheesh..being around teenagers seems to be affecting my language.  It's like totally aWkWard. Like you know what I mean? .... ;) )
  • We had a good laugh driving down the 80 after picking up Becca from swim earlier this week.  I had Maddie and Lela with me and we had stopped for donuts on the way.  Anyway, Becca was so ravenous from her early morning swim practice that once she got in the car and realized we had donuts she couldn't quite get to them fast enough.  The look of horror on the truck driver's face as Becca tried to stuff the entire donut into her mouth (partially because she was hungry-don't let her fool you- and partially because she was being silly) was priceless BUT what was funnier was the look on Becca's face when she realized the guy was watching her. {aWkWard} We laughed all the way home. :D 
  • Have you ever heard the term "swamp a$$"?  Well, everywhere I looked at the concert on Monday it seemed people of all ages and sizes were suffering from it.  I didn't bother sitting down the entire night.  Can you imagine being one of those people with their entire backside soaking wet from sweat and walking around a concert in front of 1,000s of people??...um...definitely awkward.
  • Brazenly admitting to some peers that I prefer photographs of people that smile with their eyes or use their body language to convey emotion and no smiles at all to regular ol' smiling photographs.  I felt like the odd man out but hey- it's the truth and I know that's what makes the world go 'round.  It's okay to be me even if at times it feels a little awkward. ;)

Awesome:


  • Going to the Journey concert with our great friends and my sister and her husband!
  • Our two little furry friends, Buddy and Mij.  They provide so many laughs for our family and are such great snuggle bugs. :D
  • Getting a compliment on a photo of Becca from a super talented photographer and friend that I admire.  I was over the moon! (Dear God, if he reads this post it could possibly end up falling into the {aWkWaRd} category but I have to be honest- it made my day!)  He used the words fantastic and classic; two things I always strive for in my work.  ....I still smile when I think about it! haha
  • Lela received a package in the mail today from her Gramma Vining for her birthday.  It's those turtles pictured above.  They have decorative plates on the bottom and are for sealing envelopes with wax.  They smell like fire or smoke from fire and Gramma Vining says that they are supposedly very old antiques.  We think they're pretty darn AwEsOmE!
  • Late night talks with my best friend in Omaha, Michelle.  
  • Finding out that a great friend from school, Tom, is moving back to the O-town for a few months! We took several photography courses together and worked on many projects throughout the semesters.  The only thing missing will be Lynette.  

Remember to check out Heather and Missie's blogs linked below. :)  See you next Thursday!  As always, I wish you more awesome than awkward happenings this week! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...