Thursday, July 7, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Children's Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!





















Awkward

  • Okay, so this isn't so much awkward for me but I am pretty sure my husband found it to be.  We grilled shish kabobs one evening while my family was here visiting.  They were tasty--once they were fully cooked.  Anyway, I was in charge of the grill and Steve kept insisting they were ready to come off the grill (both the chicken and steak).  I kept trying to tell him the chicken ones were still not fully cooked but he insisted he was right.  So, being the good wife I am I finally agreed with him and served him up a hot plate of raw chicken...while everybody watched.  Once he cut into a piece and realized it was still very much raw (and all of us were having a good laugh) he stopped giving me a hard time and brought the kabob back to be put on the grill.  Needless to say I was able to continue grilling without any tips from the peanut gallery.
  • Losing my keys.  I am so bummed!  I have looked everywhere- and I mean *everywhere*.  I even dug through 8 bags of trash from the huge Independence Day BBQ we hosted on Saturday--awkward AND disgusting!! Everybody who had a purse of jacket has checked to see if they were put in the wrong place. Even diaper bags have been checked.  Underneath cushions, in cars, outside in the lawn, I even pulled the refrigerator out!  No dice.  You know I had to be desperate if I went through trash...an extremely awkward and unpleasant experience.
  • A boy asking my daughter for her number....um...really???  Already with this?! 
Awesome

  • Fourth of July!  I love fireworks and BBQ but most of all I love FAMILY!  My mom and dad along with my nieces were here to celebrate one of my favorite holidays.  It was so awesome to spend the holiday with them!
  • Swimming and the park.
  • Having a teenage daughter that can take the girls to the pool on days that I would rather spend catching up on laundry or a good book.
  • Watching the girls ride their bikes in the cul de sac and having such a great time together.
  • Game of Thrones.  We have HBO on Demand now so not only do I get to watch True Blood but I have found a new series that I like (Game of Thrones) and watched it in its entirety (all 10 episodes) in a few evenings.  ....okay so that should go under awesome and awkward. haha
  • Watching Hall Pass with my parents and laughing!


Remember to check out my friends' blogs for their always entertaining Awesome & Awkward posts!

and


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...