Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awesome & Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!

Here's to another week of awesomeness with a bit of awkwardness to keep it real! :)  Hope you enjoy the post and be sure to check back next week to see what Awesome & Awkward things happen around here!

Awkward

  • Forgetting today is THURSDAY! and posting this so late in the afternoon.
  • Taking my sweet and lovely teenager to a doctor appointment and having her "shush" me in front of the doctor so that she could answer the questions the way she saw fit. 
  • Taking the girls to get donuts, ordering a half dozen and then at the last minute having to add ONE MORE..... not because of my girls but because that white-frosting, pink-sprinkled, raspberry-filled bit of loveliness was calling *my* name.
  • The tornado sirens going off and me running down the stairs after my children like a packed camel with my camera, kindle, water bottles, laptop and FORGETTING my phone.  No worries, we were safe and it just ended up being 75 mph winds with the thunderstorm. (and for that I am very very thankful)




Awesome

  • Awesome is what's pictured above!  A few years back my girls broke our glass top stove in our basement kitchenette while arguing over a golf club one New Year's Eve.  (I know- it's sounds like a story but I promise it's the truth.) We've never replaced it.  I tell you, it's nothing I was excited about getting fixed- the glass alone would be $394 and to replace the entire thing is closer to around $800 or more.  I have been putting it off because there are about 1,194 different ways that I would rather spend the money. ....this is where the awesome part comes in....Today started (this is almost a DOUBLE awesome bullet) our neighborhood's garage sale weekend.  We took a walk around the neighborhood and low and behold I FOUND THE STOVE TOP!! ....I FOUND THE STOVE TOP FOR $50!!!  The way I see it, I now have $750 to spend on fun photography stuff.  Because that's how much I saved by stumbling on this great find.  And that, my friends, is pure awesomeness. For real.
  • Neighborhood garage sales (duh) ;)
  • Popsicles.  I love them.
  • Becca's homemade brownies.  They're scrumptious!
  • Good friends
  • Spending time laughing on the phone with my dad.  
  • My mom's morning phone calls...even if sometimes she does wake us up. ;)

That's it for this week!  Be sure to check out Heather's Blog and Missie's Blog to see their Awesome & Awkward Thursday! posts. :)  See ya next Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. lol! i freakin' laughed so hard reading your blog..then got super excited you found what you needed for way less,and you got extra moola to spend on photography stuff..thats the way i see it too . I love it that youlaugh on the phone with your Dad. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *YEA* :D So glad you got a good laugh! ..and I love that you see it my way with the extra cash. lol *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROWNIES!!! YUM!! lol GREAT FIND TOO!!!! Love your post<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...