Thursday, June 9, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday! - Omaha Professional Photographer

Awesome & Awkward Thursday!


In all truthfulness this is a day (or two) late even though it looks like it was posted Thursday by the time date stamp.  I really went back and forth on whether or not to post this week because I had a death in the family and was out of town, tired, sad and worn out. ...BUT...the more I thought about things the more I realized that sometimes it's best to concentrate on the Awesome & Awkward things in life instead of the just plain awful.  So, here we go!


Awkward

  • Standing *inside* the funeral home and saying to my Aunt Sandy, "Sheesh!  I am so hot from being outside! I'm dying of heat!" ....long pause.....  "No pun intended."  She giggled (thank God).  Sometimes it's good to laugh- especially when you don't feel like it.
  • Pulling into my parents' driveway and being deafened by the song of the cicadas.  The noise was so loud I felt like I had stepped into an episode of the Twilight Zone.  Apparently every 7 years they come in large numbers and stay for quite a period of time.  They are red beady-eyed insects who molt and are UGLY. They fly kamikaze all over the place and don't exactly come in for the smoothest landings.  Most awkward part of my time with the cicadas?  Screaming like a 5 year old girl when one flew into my hair in front of my dad who couldn't help but laugh at me.  The cicadas are sometimes referred to as locusts. Either way??  Blech. Gross.
  • Taking my little sister out to eat at a local restaurant in Quincy, Illinois as a thank you for letting the girls stay with her and not having enough cash to pay the bill.  Yes.  You heard me.  I didn't have enough cash and she had to loan me a $5.  *awkward*  In my defense, I don't carry cash.  I happened to have $20 on me from pulling out money from the ATM the day before to pay the babysitter (thank goodness I took out extra).  This place did not accept debit or credit cards or ANY kind.  They accepted checks- as long as they were local. I think I should be carrying a crisp $100 in my wallet for now on because you just never know.....




Awesome

  • In spite of saying goodbye to an amazing Aunt- it really was wonderful to spend time with family that I haven't seen in a long long long while.  Although, the reason we all got together was sad- it was awesome to be able to spend time together, reminisce, laugh, cry and be there for each other- and for that I am grateful.
  • Knowing how much I love my family and feeling how much I am loved.
  • Maid-Rite sandwiches and fried mushrooms.  *yum*  (It was worth being $5 short!)  This is a sandwich you can't find anywhere but in Quincy, IL.  They are the BEST!
  • The Tower Pizza in Quincy, IL.  I heart their sauce! 
  • Spending time with my sisters- all four of us together.  I miss them and love them.
  • Seeing Bruiser, my shihtzu that lives with my parents- sooooo, technically he isn't mine anymore ;)
  • Going back home and coming back home.  It's funny. They say home is where your heart is- my heart resides in two different states.

I hope you enjoyed this week's post!  Be sure to check out my friends' Awesome & Awkward Thursday! posts.  You can find Heather's here and Missie's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...